Chef Mark Freeman at Mark’s Restaurant has a secret way of cooking ribs… just don’t tell him I said anything!
Mark steams his ribs in the oven before grilling them and slathers them with his personal creation: BS Ginger BBQ Sauce.
Let’s see how it’s done:
Mark’s Pork Ribs!
Fall off the bone, melt in your mouth.
2 to 8
| Prep Time
| Cook Time
1-3 slabs pork ribs
1 batch of your favorite rub
1 bottle BS Original Cooking Sauce
1. Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees.
2. Rub the ribs with your favorite spice rub.
3. Place ribs in a baking pan that has about 1/2 cup of water in it (That’s where the steaming happens)
4. Cover pan with foil and place in preheated oven or grill for two hours.
5. Remove pan from oven or grill and uncover.
6. Slather the ribs with BS Original Cooking Sauce or the BS Ginger BBQ Sauce.
7. Leave pan uncovered, return to oven and cook for an additional 30 minutes
Remove ribs from pan and place on grill and cook for an additional 30 minutes
Serve with a LOT of napkins and a side of sauce for dippin’ & lickin’
OPTION: Ginger BS BBQ Sauce
1 cup BS Original Cooking Sauce
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup honey or Blue Agave
2 tbsp pickled ginger – chopped
1 tbsp Texas Pete
Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.